UNIGIS@Madras University (INDIA) offers internationally recognised academic qualification within the provisions of UNIGIS Joint-study programme in cooperation with the Department of Geoinformatics - Z_GIS, University of Salzburg, Austria (Europe). The DUAL DEGREE qualifications conforming to the UNIGIS curriculum at the University of Salzburg, Austria are offered through 2 different study programmes:
- 2-year MSc in Geographical Information Science & Systems (UNIGIS MSc), and
- 1-year Professional Diploma in Geographical Information Systems (UNIGIS Professional)
- Both the programmes are offered in online distance learning mode.
- The Study Programmes are offered in English language.
- Support is provided for education loan.
The academic qualifications 'MSc. in Geographical Information Science & Systems' and 'Diploma in Geographical Information Systems' are awarded by the University of Salzburg, Austria (Europe) as well as by the University of Madras, India. Individuals aiming at a career in GI or professionals already active in this field who are interested in continuing education or pursuing an academic qualification while working will find this ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING programme particularly attractive. With the acquired know-how from these programmes, graduates are expected to master challenges in business, industry or government in any of the following fields:
- Environmental analysis and management (e.g. climatic factors, forest, water bodies, soil erosion, bio-diversity, conservation areas, coastal areas, mountainous areas etc.)
- Natural resources and economic planning (e.g. agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry, fisheries mining, landscape analysis, tourism, industry etc.) Infrastructure development and management (e.g. transport networks, water & sanitation, health facilities, education institutions etc.)
- Security and safety (e.g. crime & danger assessment, risk & vulnerability assessment, emergency response, disaster management, disease & epidemic pattern, public safety measure etc.)
- Business planning and management (e.g. site location, product marketing, supply networks, insurance calculation, stake analysis etc.)
- Government and Politics (e.g. public administration, electoral analysis, voting pattern etc.)
- Urban, rural and regional planning (e.g. integrated approach to land use planning & management at various spatial units etc.)
- ... and many more issues related to spatial analysis and management